Writing articles for submission to different web sites can be a potentially lucrative job. There are a lot of web sites that solicit articles from people and if you get a lot of page views for the articles you submit, you can potentially earn a lot of money. Here are some things you can do to help increase page views for your article submissions.
• Be relevant. To make sure that people actually read your articles and they pass it on to their friends, write about topics that are relevant or a hot subject. It’s easy to find out what topics are being widely discussed. Just visit web portals and look at the news section. If you want a more scientific way of going about it, you can go to online tools that specifically measure topic popularity like Google Trends or the Yahoo Buzz Index.
• Topics that are hot seasonally are also a great idea resource but if you are going to articles like these, make sure to do it in advance and post it early enough. Christmas is a very popular holiday all over the world but the magic day is only on the 25th of December. If you want to write about topics related to Christmas you should finish writing the articles by November and try to post it either on the last week of November or on the first week of December, which is the start of the period when users will start looking for Christmas related topics on the internet.
• Keywords are a very important part of any strategy to drive traffic to your site. Think about the keywords that you will use for your article. Make sure that these are words that are actually widely searched for so that you’ll also increase the chances that search engines like Google will index the articles that you’ve posted.
• Promotions are a good way of generating more traffic and page views. Use your social network to help promote your articles. Take advantage of features on your favorite social networking site to generate posts about your article. You can use Facebook’s Notes feature or the bulletin feature of either MySpace of Friendster. Twitter is also a great avenue for promoting your articles and generating more page views. Just post a link and your followers will immediately be sent to your article.
• Social bookmarking is another powerful method for generating more traffic and page views on your articles. Use popular sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Technorati, Del.icio.us, and Mixx. Use all of them to maximize the coverage and target the users who only use one site.
Photo from sneakyreviews.com