Sitting for long periods of time can actually be bad for your health. Prolonged sitting can actually compromise your circulatory system, resulting in the blockage of blood in your blood vessels. Office workers are the most prone to this kind of danger because they sit behind their desks for prolonged periods of time. It is a lifestyle that could actually kill them. Fortunately, choosing the correct office chair can be helpful and will actually prevent this health danger from occurring.
Follow the tips below when buying an office chair that will be good for your health:
• look for a chair that will give ample support to your back and also give relief to your hands. This can be easily determined by sitting on the chair. If you don’t feel any strain on your back when you work and if the chair provides the option to adjust its height so you can work at the right level at your desk then it’s a good office chair to consider.
• People who are physically fit and have strong back and abdominal muscles already have the internal support needed to protect their back. This can be further enhanced by getting a high backed chair, which gives the back an extra level of support.
• for people who work in offices that operate 24 hours a day, you will need a chair that can easily adjust to the different support needs of different body types. The reason for this is that other people will use the chair so it has to give them the right support as well. Look for a chair that offers flexibility in adjusting not just the back but the armrest and the seat as well.
• A good ergonomic chair will not just support the usual suspects – the back, the extremities and the posture. It should also allow you to properly position your feet on the ground while stretching out your thighs in the proper horizontal position.
• When buying a chair the only thing on your mind should be to look for a chair the gives you beneficial ergonomics. It may be more expensive but the benefits are far too great that it will be worth the extra money. Don’t be swayed by the opinions of other people to just buy a functional chair that does not provide ergonomic support. You’re just shooting yourself in the foot because the costs of bad health will be far greater.
Image from Officespacemakati.com